- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1½ cups (330g) white sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Place the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the sugar and water in a medium saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Place a sugar thermometer in the pan increase the heat to high. Bring to the boil and cook for 10–12 minutes, without stirring, or until the temperature reaches 150°C and the mixture is a deep caramel colour. Remove from the heat and working quickly, add the salt and cream and butter mixture and whisk to combine. Return to the heat and cook for a further 2 minutes or until thickened slightly. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely before serving. Makes 2 cups.
There are no comments for this entry yet.