smoked almond hummus
with vincotto and currants
- 400g can chickpeas (garbanzos), drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (80g) smoked almonds, plus extra, chopped, to serve
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) water
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried currants, chopped
- vincotto and extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Place the chickpeas, almond, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, water, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place on a serving plate and top with the currants and extra almond.
- Drizzle with vincotto and oil to serve. Makes 1½ cups.
There are no comments for this entry yet.