charred broccoli and brussels sprout salad with haloumi and red quinoa
- ⅓ cup (70g) red quinoa
- ⅔ cup (160ml) water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 500g baby broccoli+, trimmed
- 350g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 250g haloumi, chopped
- 2 cups red vein sorrel leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Place the quinoa, water and lemon rind in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, preheat grill (broiler) to high. Place the baby broccoli, Brussels sprouts, garlic, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons oil on a large oven tray and toss to combine. Cook, turning halfway, for 8–10 minutes or until charred. Place the haloumi on a second tray and toss with the remaining oil. Cook, turning halfway, for 6–8 minutes or until golden. Place the cooked quinoa, broccolini, Brussels sprouts, haloumi and sorrel leaves in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, place the lemon juice, oil, honey and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine. Divide between bowls and serve. Serves 4.
+ You can find baby broccoli at greengrocers or farmers markets. If it is unavailable, you can use broccolini.
There are no comments for this entry yet.