chocolate and date puddings
- 2 cups (360g) fresh (medjool) dates, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- ¾ cup (135g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the dates, water and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes. Place the date mixture, butter and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until combined.
- Add the eggs, flour and cocoa and process until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 4 x 1½-cup-capacity (375ml) ramekins, place on a large baking tray and cook for 25–30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Serve warm with ice-cream. Makes 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.