cinnamon chai tea
- ½ cup (45g) loose leaf black tea
- ¼ cup (20g) shredded coconut
- 4 cinnamon sticks, lightly crushed, plus extra, to serve
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean, split and cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 cups (500ml) milk, to serve
- ¼ cup (90g) honey, to serve
- Layer the tea, coconut, cinnamon, cloves and vanilla bean in a 340ml jar and seal. Makes 1 cup loose chai tea.
- To brew the tea, place 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon chai tea and the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Strain the tea through a fine sieve and serve with the honey. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.