crumbed salmon with sweet potato chips
- 1kg sweet potatoes (kumara), peeled and cut into chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cups (140g) fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 40g unsalted butter, melted
- 4 x 200g salmon fillets, skin removed
- whole-egg mayonnaise, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the sweet potato on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 30–35 minutes or until golden.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, place the breadcrumbs, parsley, butter, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the salmon on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, top with the breadcrumb mixture and bake for 12–15 minutes or until golden and cooked to your liking.
- Serve with the sweet potato chips and mayonnaise. Serves 4.
To spice it up: add finely grated lemon rind and dried chilli flakes to the breadcrumbs.
Delicious, healthy and quick dinner. I substituted breadcrumbs for Yankee (Japanese) breadcrumbs and was very pleased with the result. Thanks Donna, you make me look good!