date and dark chocolate hand pies
- 1½ cups (210g) pitted dried dates, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 60g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the dates, water and maple syrup in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Cut the pastry into 8 x 10cm squares and place on 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Divide the date mixture between the squares and top with a piece of the chocolate.
- Fold the squares over, pressing the edges to form a triangle. Brush with the egg and cook for 12–14 minutes or until golden. Dust with icing sugar to serve. Makes 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.