frozen christmas pudding
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- ½ cup (85g) currants
- ¾ cup (100g) sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 litres vanilla ice-cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 85g unsalted shelled pistachios, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) brandy
blackberries and raspberries, to serve
- icing (confectioner’s) sugar, for dusting
- Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil for 1 minute.
- Place the currants and cranberries in a bowl and pour over the sugar mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes or until the fruit is plump. Drain and allow to cool completely.
- Place the ice-cream, vanilla and cinnamon in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 1 minute or until softened. Stir through the currant mixture, pistachios and brandy and spoon into a 1.75 litre-capacity pudding basin lined with muslin. Top with a round of non-stick baking paper and freeze for 4 hours or overnight until set. Top with berries and dust with icing sugar. Serves 8–10.
There are no comments for this entry yet.