hazelnut and chocolate cookie sandwiches
- 1 cup (160g) buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup (75g) hazelnut meal (ground hazelnuts)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
- ⅓ cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 150g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the flour, hazelnut meal, salt, maple syrup and oil in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and flatten slightly. Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 14–16 minutes or until golden and crisp. Allow to cool on trays.
- To make the filling, place the chocolate, almond butter and maple syrup in a bowl and mix until smooth. Spread half the cooled biscuits with the filling and sandwich with the remaining biscuits.
- Store unfilled biscuits in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Makes 20.
i was sceptical of these cookies, i don’t normally do gluten free and find chocolate too messy. But they were tasty and my kids liked them! Not even knowing they were eating health food!