oaty anzac biscuits
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- ⅔ cup (150g) caster sugar
- ¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup (115g) golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and mix to combine. Place the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until the butter is melted. Place the bicarbonate of soda and water in a small bowl, mix to combine and add to the butter mixture.
- Pour the butter mixture into the oat mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and flatten into 7cm rounds, allowing room to spread. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until deep golden. Allow to cool on baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 25.
There are no comments for this entry yet.