rose petal and prosecco punch
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ¼ cup (60ml) rosewater
- ½ cup (125ml) gin
- 2 cups (500ml) prosecco or sparkling wine
- 2 cups (500ml) soda water
- ice cubes, to serve
- pink rose petals+, to serve
- Place the sugar, water and rosewater in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the rosewater syrup, gin, prosecco and soda water in a 1.5 litre-capacity (6 cups) jug with the ice and stir to combine. Top with the rose petals to serve. Makes 1 litre (4 cups).
+ Be sure to ask your florist or greengrocer for rose petals that are free from pesticides and suitable for using with food.
There are no comments for this entry yet.