salted burnt honey sauce
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- ½ cup (125ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Place the honey in a large saucepan over high heat and cook for 2–3 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and cream, whisking well, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, whisking, for 6–8 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the salt and whisk to combine. Makes 1¾ cups.
+ Serve with toasted waffles or drizzle over ice-cream. The sauce will keep refrigerated for two weeks – just warm and whisk before serving.
There are no comments for this entry yet.