sweet and spicy nut mix
- 1 cup (150g) beer nuts
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- ¼ cup (40g) dried currants
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- large pappadum cones+, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the nuts, cashews, currants, chilli, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, salt, honey and oil in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Place on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 12–15 minutes, stirring frequently, or until golden brown. Allow to cool and serve in pappadum cones.
Serves 4 as a snack.
+ To make the pappadum cones, fill a large saucepan half-full with vegetable oil and place over medium heat until the temperature reaches 160°C (325°F) on a deep-frying thermometer. Cook the pappadums, one at a time, for 30 seconds. Remove from the oil and carefully shape into a cone while still hot. Set aside to cool.
There are no comments for this entry yet.