almond, apple and rhubarb baked oats
- 1 large Granny Smith apple (200g), peeled and chopped
- 300g rhubarb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500ml) almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (115g) honey
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 1 cup (80g) natural flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the apple and rhubarb in a 6-cup-capacity (1.5 litre) ovenproof baking dish. Place the almond milk, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the honey in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over the rhubarb mixture.
- Place the oats, chia seeds, almonds and remaining honey in a large bowl and stir well to combine. Sprinkle over the apple mixture. Place the baking dish on a baking tray and cook for 35–40 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve. Serves 4–6
There are no comments for this entry yet.