banana buckwheat pancakes
- ¾ cup (120g) buckwheat flour+
- ¾ cup (95g) white spelt flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup (200g) mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- unsalted butter, to grease the pan
- store-bought vanilla bean yoghurt, to serve
- extra banana, sliced, to serve
- Place both the flours, the baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the banana, egg, maple syrup and milk and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a little of the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add ⅓ cup (80ml) of the batter to the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden. Set aside and keep warm. Repeat with the butter and remaining batter.
- Divide pancakes between serving plates and top with yoghurt and extra banana. Drizzle with extra maple syrup to serve. Serves 4
+ Buckwheat flour adds fluffiness and a warm, nutty flavor to pancakes.
There are no comments for this entry yet.