nougat, ginger and mascarpone trifles
- ¾ cup (185g) mascarpone
- 1¼ cups (310ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g store-bought almond nougat, thinly sliced using a serrated knife
- ¼ cup (55g) crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- store-bought ginger syrup, to serve+
- Place the mascarpone, cream and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Divide the mascarpone mixture, nougat and crystallised ginger between serving glasses to create a layered effect.
- Drizzle the trifles with ginger syrup to serve. Makes 4
+ You can find ginger syrup at specialty grocers or delicatessens. If unavailable, use honey in its place.
There are no comments for this entry yet.