rich coffee chocolate sorbet
- 1½ cups (330g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 litre water
- 1½ cups (375ml) strong espresso coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 400g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dutch cocoa, sifted
- Place the sugar, water, coffee and vanilla in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 16–18 minutes or until reduced and slightly syrupy.
- Place the chocolate and cocoa in a large bowl and gradually pour in the hot coffee mixture, whisking, until smooth. Pour the mixture into a 20cm x 30cm metal slice tin and freeze for 6–8 hours or until frozen.
- Cut the chocolate mixture into pieces, place in a food processor and process until smooth. Spoon into a 1-litre-capacity tin and freeze for 2–3 hours or until firmed slightly. Place in a piping bag fitted with a 2cm star-shaped nozzle and pipe into cups to serve. Serves 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.