sticky honey mustard corned beef
- 2kg corned silverside beef
- 1 sprig bay leaves
- 5 whole cloves
- ⅓ cup (80ml) sherry vinegar
- ¾ cup (135g) brown sugar
- 1 brown onion, skin on and quartered
- ⅔ cup (190g) Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup (115g) honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Place the beef in a large heavy-based ovenproof saucepan. Add the bay leaves, cloves, ¼ cup (60ml) vinegar, ½ cup (90g) sugar and onion, and pour over enough water to cover.
- Place the pan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 2 hours. Preheat oven 200°C (400°F). Carefully remove the beef from the pan, reserving 1 cup (250ml) of the poaching liquid.
- Place the mustard, honey, garlic, reserved poaching liquid and remaining sugar and vinegar in the saucepan and mix to combine.
- Return the beef to the pan and pour over the glaze. Place in oven and cook, spooning over the glaze halfway through cooking, for 20–30 minutes or until the beef is dark golden on top. Serves 6–8
There are no comments for this entry yet.