broad bean, lemon and prosciutto pasta
- 1kg frozen (or 2kg fresh) broad beans, thawed and shelled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 500g maccheroni calabresi (see tip) or penne
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- finely grated manchego or parmesan, to serve
- 1½ cups small sorrel or baby rocket (arugula) leaves, to serve
- Place the broad beans, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and use a fork or potato masher to lightly crush. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions or until al dente. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2–3 minutes or until golden.
- Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the pan with the broad bean mixture and cooking liquid and toss to combine. Divide the mixture between plates and top with the prosciutto, lemon, cheese and sorrel and drizzle with the extra oil to serve. Serves 4.
Tip: Maccheroni calabresi is a long, rolled pasta.
There are no comments for this entry yet.