lemon and chive veal schnitzel
- 4 cups (280g) fresh breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 thin veal schnitzel steaks
- plain (all-purpose) flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Place the breadcrumbs, chives, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine. Dust the veal in flour, dip in the egg and press into the crumb mixture.
- To freeze, layer the schnitzels between sheets of non-stick baking paper in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Before cooking, place the schnitzels in the fridge and allow to defrost completely.
- To cook, heat 1cm of oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the schnitzels for 1 minute each side or until golden and crisp. Drain well on absorbent paper. Makes 8
There are no comments for this entry yet.