pickled turnip and snapper salad
with puffed rice wakame toasted sesame
- 4 bunches baby blush and white turnips+
- ¼ cup puffed brown rice
- 2 tablespoons dried chopped wakame
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 400g sashimi-grade snapper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
green chilli pickling liquid
- ½ cup (125ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (55g) white (granulated) sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- To make the green chilli pickling liquid, place the vinegar, chilli, sugar, water and salt in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Strain, discarding the chilli, and place the liquid in a large bowl. Add the turnips and refrigerate for 30 minutes to pickle.
- Place the puffed rice, wakame and sesame seeds in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Divide the snapper between 4 plates. Remove the turnips from the pickling liquid, reserving the liquid, and divide between plates. Top with the puffed rice mixture and chives. Drizzle with a little of the pickling liquid and oil to serve. Serves 4.
+ If you can’t find baby blush turnips, you can use thinly sliced baby white turnips instead.
There are no comments for this entry yet.