tomato, capsicum and
hot smoked salmon soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (200g) chargrilled capsicums, drained
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 2 tablespoons brown (light brown) sugar
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cups (750ml) boiling water
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 200g hot smoked salmon, flaked
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- ⅓ cup dill leaves
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the capsicum, harissa and brown sugar and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomato, water, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes or until reduced slightly. Using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth. Stir through chickpeas. Divide between bowls and top with salmon and dill to serve. Serves 4
Tip: If you prefer, you can swap out chickpeas for cannellini beans.
There are no comments for this entry yet.