flourless chocolate cake
- 350g quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 185g unsalted butter, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- Preheat oven to 170°C (340°F). Line the base and sides of a 22cm springform pan with non-stick baking paper. Place chocolate and butter into a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted.
- Place eggs, sugar, milk and almond meal into a bowl and whisk to combine. Add chocolate mixture and whisk until smooth. Spoon mixture into tin and cover with aluminium foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and cool cake in tin then refrigerate until cold. Serves 12
donna hay team
Hi Holly, Yes this cake can be frozen, however the consistency may be a little softer when defrosted. Happy baking! DH Team
Can this cake be frozen?