little molten mud cakes
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (110g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 120g dark chocolate, extra, cut into 12 pieces
- Dutch cocoa, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring, until melted and smooth.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk for 6–8 minutes or until pale and doubled in volume. Add the chocolate mixture and flour and fold until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) cupcake tins lined with paper cases. Push one piece of the extra chocolate into the middle of each cake and smooth the surfaces.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes or until the cakes feel firm to touch. Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks until just warm. Dust with cocoa to serve. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.