mango and herb salad
with sesame ginger dressing
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 cups (240g) mung beans
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup Vietnamese mint leaves
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 ruby grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments
- 6 cups (400g) finely shredded savoy cabbage
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (70g) roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
sesame ginger dressing
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- To make the dressing, place the lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, oil, ginger and fish sauce in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the mango, mung beans, basil, mint, chilli, grapefruit, cabbage and onion in a large bowl, add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide among bowls and top with the peanut and sesame seeds to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.