- 1½ cups (200g) white spelt flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- ½ cup (60g) grated cheddar
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (or snip them!)
- 3 cobs corn, kernels sliced (by a grown-up) or 3 cups (600g) drained canned corn kernels
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a big bowl. Break the eggs on top and add the milk. Mix until really smooth, using a whisk. Add the cheeses, chives, corn, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Using a ladle or a cup, add about ⅓ cup (80ml) of the mixture to the pan for each fritter (you can cook 2–3 at a time, just leave yourself enough space for flipping). Cook fritters for 2–3 minutes each side or until they’re puffy, golden and cooked through, using a turner to flip them. Add more oil to the pan as you need it.
- Stack and serve the fritters warm from the pan with some crispy cooked prosciutto or bacon, if you like. You can also add some cherry tomatoes, baby spinach leaves and avocado to your plate, for a really big breakfast. Makes 12
There are no comments for this entry yet.