- 1⅓ cups (175g) white spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (my secret trick)
- 40g unsalted butter, melted
- Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a big bowl and mix to combine, using a whisk.
- Break the egg into a medium jug. Add the milk, vanilla and melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Using a spoon, dig a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Pour the egg mixture into the well, then whisk it all together to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a large, lightly greased non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Using a ladle or a cup, add about ¼ cup (60ml) of the batter to the pan for each pancake (you can cook 2–3 at a time, just leave yourself enough space for flipping). Cook pancakes for 1–2 minutes each side or until they’re golden, using a turner to flip them.
- Stack and serve the pancakes warm from the pan with some natural yoghurt, maple syrup and berries (or your own favourite toppings). Makes 8
There are no comments for this entry yet.