zucchini and feta fritters
- 5 small (810g) zucchinis (courgettes), grated
- 3 eggs
- 250g feta, crumbled
- ¾ cup (120g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup chopped mint leaves
- ⅓ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- 350g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup small basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons small mint leaves
- Place the zucchini in a flat layer on sheets of paper towel. Cover with another layer of paper towel and press to remove the excess water.
- Place the zucchini, eggs, feta, flour, baking powder, mint, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large non-stick
frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of mixture to the pan and flatten with a spatula. Repeat and cook, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Keep the fritters warm and set aside. To make the tomato salad, place
the tomato, basil and mint in a bowl and toss to combine. Divide the fritters between plates and top with the tomato salad to serve. Serves 4
I made this for dinner tonight. It was delicious.