carrot cake bliss balls
- 3 cups (360g) pecans
- 20 soft fresh dates (400g), pitted
- 1 cup (120g) grated carrot (about 1 carrot)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⅓ cups (130g) LSA+
- Place 1 cup (120g) of the pecans in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Place in a small bowl and set aside. Place the dates, carrot, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, LSA and the remaining 2 cups (240g) of pecans in the food processor and process for 1 minute or until the mixture comes together.
- Shape 1-tablespoon portions of the mixture into balls and roll in the chopped pecans to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 28
+ LSA is a mix of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds. Find it in the health food aisle of supermarkets.
Tip: Keep these bliss balls refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
these are absolutely beautiful, so yummy! i used a bag of mixed nuts (instead of pecans) on the second patch, and turned out just the same, a slightly different taste but still nice.