lemongrass and ginger chicken soup
- 2 litres hot chicken stock
- 2 cups (500ml) hot water
- 4cm piece ginger, sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised and halved
- 5 coriander roots, trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1kg chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 2 bunches choy sum, trimmed
- asian chilli jam, micro coriander leaves and bean sprouts, to serve
- Place the stock, water, ginger, lemongrass, coriander roots, garlic, lime leaves and fish sauce in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken and cook for 8–10 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Remove the chicken and thinly slice. Strain the soup, discarding solids, and return to the saucepan.
- Add the choy sum and cook for 1 minute or until tender. Divide the soup between bowls, and top with the chicken, chilli jam, coriander and bean sprouts to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.