passionfruit coconut slice
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- ½ cup (125ml) melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- ¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- ⅔ cup (180ml) passionfruit pulp (approximately 10 passionfruits)
- 1 tablespoon honey, extra
- ½ cup (75g) cashews
- ½ cup (70g) macadamias
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- To make the base, place the cashews, macadamias, coconut, coconut oil and honey in a food processor and process until smooth. Press the mixture into the base of a lightly greased 20cm x 20cm baking tin lined with non-stick baking paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place the cashews, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey and coconut in a food processor and process for 3–4 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Pour the coconut mixture over the base and return to the refrigerator for 40 minutes or until set.
- Place the passionfruit and extra honey in a small frying pan over high heat and cook for 4–5 minutes or until thickened. Allow to cool slightly.
- Drizzle the passionfruit syrup over the filling and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 16
Tip: This slice will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
donna hay team
Hi Vyshnavi, no they don’t need to be soaked. The DH Team.
Do the cashews or macadamias need to be soaked?
donna hay team
Hi Sam, the cashews are natural/ raw. The DH team
Are the cashews raw or roasted?