sweet potato, kaffir lime
and sunflower seed dip
- 500g sweet potato (kumara), peeled and chopped into 1cm pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, skin on
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (75g) sunflower seeds, plus extra to serve
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- chilli flakes and Dutch carrots, halved, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the sweet potato, garlic, oil, salt and pepper on an oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper and cook for 25–30 minutes or until soft.
- While the sweet potato is roasting, place the sunflower seeds in a small bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 10 minutes to soak. Drain well.
- Place the sunflower seeds in a food processor and process for 1–2 minutes, scraping down the sides, until finely chopped. Squeeze the garlic from the skins and add to the food processor with the sweet potato, kaffir lime leaves, lime juice, water and salt. Process for 1–2 minutes, or until smooth. Place in a serving bowl and top with the chilli flakes and extra sunflower seeds. Serve with the carrots. Makes 2 cups.
There are no comments for this entry yet.