hot English mustard roast chicken
- 2 tablespoons hot English mustard, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1.6kg whole chicken
- extra virgin olive oil, for rubbing
- 800g kipfler potatoes, washed and halved
- 12 sprigs lemon thyme
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the mustard, lemon rind, butter, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken at the breast with your fingers. Push the butter mixture under the skin and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Place the chicken on a large oven tray and rub with the oil. Add the potatoes to the tray and cook for 50 minutes or until golden and just cooked through.
- Add the thyme to the tray and cook for a further 5 minutes or until crisp. Serve with the extra mustard. Serves 4
Serve with buttery roast potatoes and a side of green vegetables for the ultimate Sunday dinner.
There are no comments for this entry yet.