lemongrass chicken with pickled chilli
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) root and stem, plus coriander leaves, to serve
- 1.6kg chicken, butterflied+
- pickled chillies, to serve
- thai basil leaves and steamed broccolini, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, garlic, fish sauce, oil and coriander roots and stems in a small food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Rub the lemongrass mixture into both sides of the chicken and place on a large oven tray, breast-side up. Cook for 30–35 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Top the chicken with the pickled chillies, coriander leaves and Thai basil. Serve with steamed broccoli. Serves 4
+ Butterflying a chicken allows it cook faster and more evenly. To butterfly a chicken, position the chicken, breast-side down, on a board so the back is facing up and the drumsticks are facing towards you. Using sharp kitchen scissors or kitchen shears, cut closely along either side of the backbone, remove the bone and discard. Turn the chicken breast-side up, and press down firmly on the breastbone to flatten.
There are no comments for this entry yet.