with brussels sprouts and pancetta
- 300g small Brussels sprouts
- 200g orecchietti
- 8 slices pancetta
- 30g butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- ⅔ cup (165ml) single (pouring) cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Remove the outer leaves from the sprouts and cut into quarters.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the pancetta under a preheated hot grill and grill until well browned. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter, garlic and oregano to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the sprouts and cook for 3–4 minutes or until just soft. Add the cream, lemon juice and pasta and toss until warmed through.
- Crumble the pancetta into fine pieces. To serve, divide the pasta between bowls and top with the pancetta crumbs and parmesan. Serves 2
There are no comments for this entry yet.