prawn and pickled fennel mini burgers
with pink peppercorn
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 medium bulb fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced using a mandolin
- ½ cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 8 mini brioche buns, halved and toasted
- 16 cooked prawns (shrimp), peeled and halved
- Place the vinegar, peppercorn, honey and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the fennel and toss to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes to pickle.
- Spread the mayonnaise on half the buns, top each with the prawn and pickled fennel, and sandwich with the remaining buns to serve. Makes 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.