ricotta, kale and oregano zucchini rolls
- 1½ cups (375ml) tomato puree (passata)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 2 cups (480g) firm light ricotta+
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup finely chopped oregano
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced
- 200g finely chopped kale leaves, blanched
- 3 zucchini (courgettes), thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 cup (100g) grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the tomato puree, garlic, pepper and half the salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Pour into an 8-cup-capacity (2 litre) baking dish.
- Place the ricotta, eggs, oregano, onion, pepper and remaining salt in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Squeeze the liquid from the kale and add to the ricotta mixture. Stir to combine. Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture at the end of a strip of zucchini and roll to enclose the filling. Place in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining zucchini and ricotta mixture. Top with the mozzarella and cook for 25–30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve. Serves 4
+ You can find firm light ricotta in the deli section of the supermarket.
There are no comments for this entry yet.