slow-roasted lamb leg
with preserved lemon
- 2.6kg lamb leg, bone-in
- 2 long sprigs rosemary, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 preserved lemon, quartered, pith removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 800g sweet potato (kumara), chopped
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup (80g) mixed olives
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Using a small sharp knife, make 30 x 2cm-deep slits all over the lamb. Press a piece of rosemary and lemon into each slit. Drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place in a large deep-sided oven tray.
- Add the water, cover with aluminium foil and cook for 2 hours. Remove the foil, add the sweet potato, cinnamon and honey. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C (350°F) and cook for a further 30 minutes. Add the olives and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.