mustard and maple crispy pork belly
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- 1 x 1.5kg piece boneless pork belly, skin scored at 1cm intervals
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (70g) wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- ¾ cup (180ml) water
- mashed potato, snowpea tendrils and cracked black pepper to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Rub the salt into the pork skin, followed by the oil. Place the pork, skin-side down, in a deep-sided oven dish and cook for 1 hour. Increase the temperature to 200°C (400°F). Carefully remove the pork and wipe the dish clean with paper towel. Return the pork to the dish, skin-side up, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Place the mustard, maple syrup and water in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Pour into the base of the dish and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the skin is golden and crisp.
- Serve the pork with mashed potato, mustard sauce, snowpea tendrils and cracked black pepper. Serves 4–6
There are no comments for this entry yet.