pear, maple, quinoa and coconut crumbles
- 6 small ripe green (William) pears (800g), peeled, cored and chopped
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- ½ cup (40g) shredded coconut
- 1 cup (100g) quinoa flakes+
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, extra
- natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the pear and maple syrup in a medium bowl and gently toss to combine. Divide the pear mixture between 4 x 1-cup-capacity (250ml) ovenproof ramekins and place on a baking tray. Place the coconut, quinoa flakes, butter and extra maple syrup in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Spoon the crumble over the pears and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the pears are soft and the crumble is golden. Serve with yoghurt. Makes 4
+ Quinoa flakes make a great gluten-free alternative for crumbles. Look for them in the health food aisle of supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.