quince jelly glazed ham
- 1 cup (250ml) quince (or redcurrant) jelly
- 1 cup (250ml) apple juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Dijan Mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 8–10kg ham leg
- cloves, for studding
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the jelly, mustard, apple juice, vinegar and salt in a saucepan over high heat and whisk to combine. Bring to the boil and cook for 14–16 minutes or until thickened slightly. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Carefully remove the skin from the ham using your fingers. Score the fat of the ham in a diamond pattern with a small, sharp knife. Cover the hock with aluminium foil to prevent it from burning.
- Place the ham on a lightly greased wire rack in a baking tray dish, brush with the glaze and stud each diamond with a clove. Bake for 35-40 minutes, brushing with the glaze every 10 minutes, or until the ham is golden and caramelised. Serves 8–10.
There are no comments for this entry yet.