quinoa and lemon fritters
- 1½ cups (285g) cooked quinoa, cooled
- ¼ cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- baby spinach, mayonnaise and lemon wedges to serve
- Place the quinoa, flour, onion, parsley, egg, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Shape tablespoons of the mixture into rounds.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook for 3–4 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve the fritters with baby spinach, mayonnaise and lemon wedges. Makes 16.
There are no comments for this entry yet.