Bresaola, tuna and anchovy tramezzini
(Venetian tea sandwiches)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup (100g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 5 white anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 x 185g can tuna in oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 8 slices bresaola+
- ½ cup watercress sprigs
- Place the lemon juice, mayonnaise, anchovy, tuna and capers in a small food processor and process until combined. Spread 4 of the bread slices with the mixture, leaving a 1cm border. Top each with the bresaola and watercress. Sandwich with the remaining bread slices. Using your fingers, press the edges to seal and cut in half. Serve immediately. Makes 4.
+ Bresaola is Italian air-dried and salted beef. You can find it at delicatessens and select grocery stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.