- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (80ml) water, at room temperature
- 2½ cups (320g) 00 (superfine) flour+
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- Place the yeast, sugar, milk and water in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the mixture starts to bubble and the surface looks foamy.
- Place the flour and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the oil to the yeast mixture and stir to combine. Gradually add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture, mixing until combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 4–5 minutes or until smooth. Place the dough in a large, lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and allow to stand for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium heat. Punch the air out of the dough and divide into 6 equal pieces. Roll out each piece on a lightly oiled surface to a 20cm round.
- Cook the flatbreads, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side, or until they puff slightly. Transfer to a clean dry tea towel and cover until ready to serve. Makes 6.
+ 00 or bread flour is available from the baking aisle of the supermarket.
There are no comments for this entry yet.