mango and passionfruit jam
- 1.75kg mango flesh, chopped (approximately 3kg mangoes)
- ½ cup (125ml) passionfruit pulp (approximately 5 passionfruits)
- 5 cups (1.1kg) caster sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place the mango, passionfruit, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a large pot and mix to combine.
- Bring to the boil over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally and skimming off surface foam, for 25–30 minutes or until the jam has thickened+. Carefully pour the hot jam into sterilised jars++. Makes 6½ cups.
+ To test whether the jam is ready, place a spoonful of the jam on a cold saucer (place the saucer in the freezer to cool). Run your finger through the jam – if the line remains, the jam is ready.
++ To sterilise jars, wash jars and lids in hot soapy water and rinse. Place the jars and lids upside down on a baking tray lined with a clean tea towel and place in a preheated 100°C oven for 15 minutes, or until dry.
Tip: Store sealed jam in a cool, dark place for up to 18 months and, once opened, in the refrigerator for up to 12 months.
There are no comments for this entry yet.