Thai green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 3 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30g galangal or ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, stems removed and shredded
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves, stems and roots+
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 3 green onions (scallions), roughly chopped
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the cumin and coriander seeds and toast, shaking the pan frequently, for 2–3 minutes or until fragrant and light golden.
- Place in a small food processor and process until ground.
- Add the chilli, garlic, galangal, lime leaf, lemongrass, chopped coriander, the oil, shrimp paste, sugar and onion.
- Process into a paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Makes 1 quantity
+ You’ll need approximately 3 roots (50g) of coriander to get 1 cup of chopped coriander.
Keep this curry paste in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
There are no comments for this entry yet.