snapper with avocado purée
and jalapeño dressing
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and stones removed
- ⅓ cup (60ml) lime juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño slices, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 4 x 200g snapper fillets, skin on
- 400g asparagus, trimmed
- 2 green onions (scallions), shredded
- Place the avocado, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until smooth. Set aside. Place the jalapeño, remaining lime juice and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Brush the snapper and asparagus with the remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the asparagus for 1–2 minutes or until just cooked. Set aside. Cook the fish, skin-side down, for 4 minutes, turn and cook for a further 1–2 minutes or until cooked through. Divide the asparagus and fish between plates, spoon over the dressing and serve with the green onion and avocado. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.