- 4 cups (60g) puffed brown rice
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut (so tasty)
- 120g unsalted butter
- ½ cup (180g) honey (sticky sweet!)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (35g) raw cacao or cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins with paper cases. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Sprinkle the puffed rice and coconut over the prepared baking trays. Bake for 8 minutes or until crispy and the coconut is a nice golden colour. Wearing oven gloves, carefully remove the puffed rice mixture from the oven and allow it to cool on the trays.
- Place the butter, honey and vanilla in a small saucepan. Sift in the cacao with a sifter or sieve. Place over low heat and stir with a spatula until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the puffed rice mixture to a big bowl. Add the buttery mixture and stir really well to coat. Using a spoon, divide the mixture between the prepared tins (pile them high) and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat. Makes 12
donna hay team
Hi Nichola, this recipe can be made 1-2 days in advance before they loose their crunch. The DH Team.
How many days ahead can I make these?
Great recipe. Super easy.