coconut raspberry slice
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut,
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped and melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (320g) raspberry jam
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 2 eggwhites
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, desiccated coconut, sugar, butter and egg in a large bowl and mix until combined. Using the back of a spoon, press into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Spread the jam over the cooked base. To make the topping, place the desiccated and shredded coconut, eggwhites and sugar in a medium bowl and mix until combined. Sprinkle over the jam and cook for 12–15 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside in the tin to cool completely before slicing to serve. Makes 20
donna hay team
Hi Karen, in Australia we buy coconut unsweetened! Happy cooking.
I am not familiar with dessicated coconut but from what I read, it comes sweetenened and unsweetened. Which do you use in this recipe? Thanks.