with white chocolate frosting
- 125g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
white chocolate frosting
- ¾ cup (180ml) single (pouring) cream
- 375g white chocolate, grated or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Place the butter, flour, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, eggs and milk in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line 18 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins with paper cases. Spoon the cake mixture into the tins and bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place the cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot but not boiling. Place the chocolate in a large bowl and add the cream. Stir once to remove any chocolate from the base of the bowl and set aside for 2 minutes. Stir the ganache gently until just combined. Refrigerate until just cool.
- Add the vanilla and whisk until soft peaks form. Spoon the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle and pipe onto each cupcake to serve. Makes 18
There are no comments for this entry yet.